The ProForm ZT6 Treadmill has almost the same specifications as the ZT4, however, slightly upgraded.
One thing I have come to realize about the Proform ZT series is that with each subsequent model there is a slight upgrade when compared to the last. The change could have been that the motor, console, or tread belt has been expanded.
The ProForm ZT6 Treadmill is without a doubt a cost-effective treadmill that walkers and Joggers will appreciate. It is a space-saving unit that can be folded to reduce the storage space required.
It has a deck size of about 20’’width and 55’’ Length, and it integrates 1.9” Precision-Machined and Balanced Non-Flex Rear Roller for smooth and consistent motion.
The treadmill has a 2.5 CHP Mach Z commercial motor that is of course slightly lower than the one on the ZT8, but yet powerful and energy-efficient to provide the drive needed during workouts. It provides a speed range of 0-10 mph.
You will be able to challenge and push yourself to the limit using the available 18 workout apps and the automatic 0%-10% level incline system. When these are utilized there will be a fat burning galore that ultimately results in weight loss and overall fitness improvement.
Other entertainment features include a CoolAire fan, an MP3 port for iPod or smartphone, built-in speakers, and more.
Click right here to have a peek at the price and of of the ProForm ZT6 Treadmill on Amazon.
Table of Contents
- A powerful 2.5 CHP Mach Z Commercial motor endures through prolonged workouts without breaking down or overheating
- Operation is smooth and fairly quiet
- 20’’ width by 55’’ length tread belt allows most users to train without stride restriction
- 10 MPH Quick (1-10 keys) and gradual (increment of 0.1 and 0.5) Speed Control
- 10% Quick (1-10) and gradual (1% at a time) Incline Control
- 18 Workout Apps for achieving specific fitness goals
- Grip Pulse EKG Heart Rate Monitor for keeping an eye and maintaining your target heart rate zone
- The treadmill supports 325 lbs./147.4 kg maximum user weight capacity
- 5” backlit LCD monitor tracks workout stats such as Time, Distance, Calories, Incline, Speed, and Pulse
- CoolAire fan designed to keep you cool during workouts
- 1.9’’ Precision-Machined and Balanced non-flex rear roller
- MP3 port syncs iPod, or smartphone/tablet device with the built-in speakers for quality audio output
- Transport wheels integrated for easy relocation process
- Space-saving design with a soft drop mechanism does not only allow users to save storage space but to also safely unfold the treadmill
- A tablet and 2 accessory holders are incorporated for keeping a tablet device and a water bottle for hydration and entertainment purposes
- Assembly is not difficult
- Low-maintenance required
- Impressive warranty
- The console is not telemetry-enabled; the only way to monitor your pulse rate is through the use of the EKG HR sensors grips
- No online connectivity
- No custom program that allows you to create a workout program
- Lifetime for the Frame
- 25 years for the Motor
- 1 Year for Parts and Labor
Frame and Construction
The ProForm ZT6 Treadmill features a durable steel frame and ABS-made dashboard and side covers. It is built to last and to support 325 lbs./147.4 kg maximum user weight capacity.
It does have a robust base that holds up during workouts and wide textured side rails that allow you to quickly exit working out without turning the treadmill off.
The overall assembled dimensions are 73” long by 36” wide by 68” high. In other words, the treadmill requires a workout area with the measurements of 6’1” length by 3′ width. Also, ensure to leave a clearance of at least 2′ around it for safety and easy access.
The 2.5 CHP Mach Z commercial motor is designated at the front base of the treadmill with a plastic-made cover. While the anti-slip 1-ply tread-belt dimensions are 20” W x 55” L and it runs smoothly over the 1.9” precision-machined, balanced and non-flex rollers.
The deck has a ProShox cushioning system that significantly reduces the shock that causes stress on the hips, knees, and ankles while running.
Storage of the ProForm ZT6 Treadmill
The ProForm ZT6 Treadmill PFTL59014 might require a little bit of space for workouts but it requires less for storage. It is foldable and could be stored in a vertical position.
When folded it could be stored in an area half the size of its full length.
It integrates transport wheels that make its relocation process hassle-free.
This can be a smart choice for those that really don’t have enough space to store bulky stuff because its ability to fold gives you options for storage.
Preset workout Apps
The treadmill has 18 workout apps that make it a lot easier for you to kick start your quest of achieving your fitness goals. They are designed by a certified personal trainer to ensure that you engage in goal-oriented workouts.
The 18 preset workouts are categorized into 4. They include Calories, Speed, Incline, and Intensity. When selected, the speed and the incline are automatically engaged.
However, you have total control of the speed and the incline when it’s in a manual mode.
The heart rate sensors on the handlebars of this unit read and transmit the pulse data to the monitor. Even though some argued that it is not hospital-accurate but at least it will be a useful guide that inspires and motivates you.
The ProForm ZT6 Treadmill is a fairly mid-range unit that has a couple of features designed to make your physical fitness quest come through.
However, if you are looking for something better, I would suggest you look up the Proform Pro 2000 Treadmill. This has got some awesome features you can’t refuse, but the price is on the high side though.