The ProForm ZT8 Treadmill has improved and upgraded features as opposed to ZT4 & ZT6. It has a bigger 2-ply commercial 20” W x 60” L running surface, upgraded 2.75 CHP Mech Z motor, 22 workout programs, iFit technology, and more.
Most users can walk, jog, and run on the treadmill without their strides being restricted. The powerful 2.75 CHP Mech Z motor doesn’t overheat or break down because of rigorous or frequent usage, and it provides a speed range of 0-12 mph.
The construction integrates a solid and heavy-duty steel frame that supports 325 lbs./147.4 kg maximum user weight capacity.
Click right here to have a peek at the price and of of the ProForm ZT8 Treadmill on Amazon.
Frame and Construction
The ProForm ZT8 Treadmill is a mid-range unit that integrates a heavy-duty steel frame and ABS-made dashboard and coverings. Its formidable and anti-skid base guarantees stability that holds up at all times.
Moreover, its stability level is further enhanced by its assembled weight of 222 lbs./100.6 kg and the front-mounted transport wheels assist in relocating it with ease.
The treadmill’s overall assembled dimensions are 79” long by 35” wide by 59” high. In other words, it’s going to need a workout area with the measurements of 6’6” length by 3′ width, and additional clearance of at least 2′ around it will be necessary for easy access, safety, and comfortable workout experience.
As to determining the suitable ceiling height for the treadmill, simply add your height and 22” that covers the step-up height and the highest incline position. For instance, let’s assume you are 6′ tall, then, the math should be 72” (6′) + 22”= ceiling height 94” (7’9”).
The treadmill is foldable, thus, when folded, it takes way less space for storage. However, the folded dimensions are not specified but is it presumed to be half of its assembled length.
There is an EasyLift Assist system that helps to lift the deck with an easy push when folding it.
As aforementioned, the roomy deck makes users not to feel confined and beginners to marathoners will feel comfortable running on it.
Speaking of, the deck integrates a ProShox Cushioning System that protects the joints from getting stressed.
The ProForm ZT8 PFTL79113 Treadmill has an improved console that features a 6” backlit LCD monitor that tracks workout stats such as Speed, Distance, Calories Burned, Incline Level, Time, Mile Track, and Pulse.
There are 1-12 mph quick and -/+ gradual speed buttons on the console that enable you to quickly or gradually select your speed level manually.
This is also the same for the automatic incline’s adjustment; there are 1-12% quick and -/+ gradual incline select buttons on the console. The incline system challenges you and ultimately help you to burn more calories.
22 workout programs are designed by a certified personal trainer to help you achieve your fitness goals. They are programmed to automatically set Time and select a speed range and incline level for workouts.
The console is iFit-enabled. This technology allows you to connect and train with a certified personal trainer, workout in different visual terrain using Google Maps, track workout progress, and more.
You can sync your iFit account with the machine on Android or iOS tablets.
That said, you need to separately purchase a wireless iFit module to be able to connect and use it, and a 1-year free subscription will be offered.
Other features available on the console include inter mix acoustic built-in speakers, and an iPod compatible port for streaming quality music output. There is also a CoolAire workout fan and water bottle holders for staying properly hydrated during workouts.
Heart Rate Monitoring System
The ProForm ZT8 Treadmill has EKG contact grips that read and transmit pulse rate data to the monitor when held during workouts. So, you can track and maintain your target heart rate zone at all times.
Although the treadmill is not telemetric, it does not have a wireless heart rate monitoring option.
- Built to last and stable
- Supports 325 lbs./147.4 kg maximum user weight capacity
- Powerful and energy-efficient 2.75 CHP motor provides 1-12 mph
- 1-12% automatic Incline system challenges users to lose more calories and attain better physical fitness
- iFit Compatible;
- Sync an Andriod or an iOS tablet with the treadmill to train with a certified personal trainer, create a route for workouts using Google Maps, and more
- CoolAire Workout Fan
- ProShox Cushioning system protects your joints
- The space-saving design and the EasyLift Assist make storage pretty easy and convenient
- 20’’ W x 60’’ L 2-Ply commercial Tread Belt is roomy enough for most tall individuals
- 22 workout programs offer diversified and goal-oriented workouts
- 6’ Backlit LCD tracks Speed, Distance, Calories Burned, Incline Level, Time, Mile Track, and Pulse
- iPod compatible Music Port and acoustic built-in speakers provide quality audio output
- EKG Heart Rate grips read and transmit heart rate data
- Water bottle holders for staying hydrated
- The maintenance requirement is low
- Assembly is easy
- iFit module needs to be purchased separately
- The console is not telemetric
- Lifetime for Frame and Motor
- 2 Years for Parts
- 1-Year for Labor
The ProForm ZT8 Treadmill is a cost-effective machine for beginners, intermediaries, and advanced users. Of course, it is not perfect, but it does possess the ideal features for productive and enjoyable workouts.