The OMA 5105EB 2.25 HP Folding Treadmill is a none commercial machine.
It offers users the opportunity to perform light running, jogging, and walking in the comfort of their home or office. The integrated powerful 2.25 horsepower motor provides a speed range of 0.6-8.1 mph (1-13 km/h).
Its operation is relatively quiet with a sound level that is less than 60 dB, lower than a normal conversation.
Click right here to have a peek at the OMA 5105EB 2.25 HP Folding Treadmill on Amazon.
The Frame & Construction
The OMA 5105EB 2.25 HP Folding Treadmill is unarguably new, but it does have interesting construction and features.
Its structural design includes ABS plastic, and durable thick steel frame that has anti-corrosion finish.
Hence, it supports 220 lbs./100 kg maximum user weight capacity.
Its net weight of 103 lbs./47 kg, and its robust base framework guarantee optimum stability.
Having said that, since there are no adjustable levelers, ensure to use the treadmill on a firm and balanced surface that has a rubber protective mat on it to prevent compromising the stability.
Regardless of the treadmill’s weight and size, users can easily move and store it away conveniently due to the integrated transport wheels and its ability to fold.
Its assembled dimensions are 62.4’’ long by 27’’ wide by 52’’ high, which is similar to Advenor 3.0 HP Folding treadmill‘s size.
So, an area with perimeters of 5’2’’ length by 2’3’’ width can accommodate the treadmill.
Nevertheless, consider leaving a 2’ extra clearance around it to maintain safety and convenience during workout sessions.
The deck dimensions are 50’’ length by 16.5’’ width. This is spacious for a treadmill that is not typically for runners.
Most users can walk, jog, and perform a light sprint on it without feeling restricted.
The tread belt is a 6-layer elastic cushioning anti-slip belt that reduces stress on the joints.
Differently put, exercising on this treadmill is not like doing so on a hard asphalt which usually impacts the knees and the ankles.
The Motor of the OMA 5105EB 2.25 HP Folding Treadmill
This unit comes with an energy-efficient 2.25 horsepower motor that provides the drive required for walking, jogging, and running activities.
The speed range is 0.6-8.1 mph (1-13 km/h), and it can be controlled via the +/- buttons on the dashboard or those on the right side of the handrail.
The motor is designated at the front base of the treadmill with a plastic lid for safety.
As aforementioned, the motor generates a sound level that is less than 60 dB, and its operation is smooth and vibration-free, thanks to the small flywheel attached.
Therefore, the treadmill is not going to be problematic when being used in the presence of the family members, and neither will it bother the neighbors.
Moreover, you may watch a TV show/movie, or listen to music without any noise interference from the treadmill.
A regular power outlet with 110V is needed to power the motor, and the cord length is 70’’.
Finally, to avoid a breakdown or overheat, do not use the treadmill for more than 2 hours straight.
The OMA 5105EB 2.25 HP Folding Treadmill does have a manual incline system with 3 adjustable levels that includes 0-degree, 2-degree, and 4-degree.
Unlike automatic incline system, you will have to adjust the incline prior to getting on the running surface. In other words, each time you wish to adjust the incline, you will have to get off and do it manually before resuming workouts.
The Console of the OMA 5105EB 2.25 HP Folding Treadmill
The physical features of the console include an LED LCD monitor, 2 smartphone holders, 2 accessory holders, navigation buttons for +/- keys, Start/Pause Key, Stop key, Mode key, and Program key.
The console also integrates handrails with heart rate sensors, Speed buttons, and Start/Stop buttons.
The LED LCD monitor tracks workout stats such as Time, Distance, Speed, Calories, and Pulse with good readability that cannot be diminished even when viewed in a poorly lit room.
Since the console is not telemetric, you must grasp the sensors on the handrails during a workout if you wish to view, monitor, and maintain your target heart rate zone.
Interestingly, your workout data doesn’t reset each time you wish to step out of the treadmill for a second because the pause button keeps them stand by.
There are 36 preset workout programs and 3 custom programs that help you to achieve your fitness goals. Therefore, you can decide to use any of the preset programs that has predefined speed level or use the custom programs to set and plan your workout as you see fit.
Lastly, there is an emergency key that is designed to be attached to the cloth when working out so that in the event of a fall, the treadmill automatically turns off to prevent an injury.
The treadmill has smartphone holders, and accessory holders that could also accommodate a water bottle. So, you can entertain yourself and also maintain proper hydration during workouts.
That said, there is no sound system, online or app connectivity.
The OMA 5105EB 2.25 HP Folding Treadmill is foldable and portable.
It has a hydraulic cylinder that facilitate the folding and unfolding process, and it can literally unfold safely unassisted.
The folded dimensions are 43’’ length by 27’’ width by 53.1’’ height. This means, a storage area with perimeters of 3’6’’ length by 2’3’’ width can conveniently accommodate it, and could be stored in places like the garage, or in the corner of the room.
There are several reviews on Amazon by real individuals and the majority of them indicates satisfaction.
- Sturdy and durable construction; it features a thick steel frame and ABS material
- It supports 220 lbs./100 kg maximum user weight capacity
- The 2.25 horsepower motor provides a speed range of 0.6-8.1 mph (1-13 km/h) and could go for 2 hours non-stop without breaking down (however, it’s not recommended to be used continuously beyond 2 hours)
- The operation is smooth and relatively quiet (<60 dB)
- The 16.5’’ width by 50’’ length running surface allows most users to workout freely without feeling cramped
- The deck belt is anti-slip and cushioned with 6 layers
- The base integrates a robust crossbar tubing at the front and anti-slip legs at the rear for stability
- It has a pause key that helps to keep your workout stats stand by whenever you wish to step out of the treadmill for a minute
- Manual incline system with 3 adjustable levels
- The LED LCD monitor tracks Time, Distance, Speed, Calories, and Pulse
- EKG contact grips for heart rate monitoring
- There are 36 preset workout programs and 3 custom programs as well
- 2 phone holders included
- 2 accessory holders included
- Maintenance needed is low
- Easy to assemble
- It is foldable and portable with transport wheels
- No sound system (speakers & MP3 port)
- No online app connectivity
- No high speed buttons
- Taller individuals may not workout with full strides
- 1 Year for the Parts
- It could be returned within 30 days if you are not satisfied with it; however, the freight charge is going to be on the customer
Product Dimensions & Specifications
- Length: 62.4’’
- Width: 27’’
- Height: 52’’
- Folded dimensions: 43’’ L x 27’’ W x 53.1’’ H
- Running surface dimensions: 16.5’’ W x 50’’ L
- Shipping dimensions: 67’’ L x 29.5’’ W x 11.5’’ H
- Net weight: 103 lbs./47 kg
- Gross weight: 111 lbs./50 kg
- Motor: 2.25 horsepower
- Speed range: 1-13 km/h (0.6-8.1 mph)
- Maximum user weight capacity: 220 lbs./100 kg
- Frame: Steel
- Incline: Manual with 3 adjustable levels (0, 2, 4 degrees)
- Console/monitor: LED
- Cushion system: Yes
- SoftDrop folding system: Yes
- 36 preset workout programs
- 3 custom programs
- 2 accessory holders
- 2 phone holders
The OMA 5105EB 2.25 HP Folding Treadmill is shipped out in a box that weighs 111 lbs./50 kg with dimensions of 67’’ long by 29.5’’ wide by 11.5’’ high.
Amazon ships it out for free without extra charges and it gets delivered in a few days.
The assembly takes only a few minutes to complete because it arrives almost preassembled. You are only required to attach the masts/upright posts, the handrails, and the console to the core unit.
The screws and tools needed for this task are included in the package, and there is an instruction manual that guides you through the process.
This treadmill is already lubricated in the factory, so, you don’t have to do anything before first use.
Nevertheless, you are expected to lubricate the tread belt periodically for smooth operation, and a silicon-based lubricant comes with the package.
Other than that, keep the treadmill clean at all times, and do not expose the console to moisture, liquid, or excessive heat. Use and store it in a dry, and clean environment.
The OMA 5105EB 2.25 HP Folding Treadmill is an entry-level cardio machine that is designed to be used at home. It provides cardiovascular exercises that could burn tons of calories, improve the heart and lungs’ health.