Nordic Track RW900 Rower
This Nordic Track RW900 Rower is the newer version of the older model which has the same features as the Nordic Track RW600 except for its larger console.
Product Brand: Nordic Track
Product In-Stock: InStock
The new version still has a 22’’ HD touchscreen console but has a different build that is not foldable. It could be instead stored vertically. It looks more like the Hydrow Live Outdoor Reality Rower.
Moreover, it does not have a hybrid resistance system that combines air and magnetic elements like the older version but only features a magnetic resistance system with 26 adjustable levels.
It is Bluetooth & Wi-Fi-enabled and compatible with iFIT workout app and comes with a 30-day free membership subscription.
Click right here to have a peek at the best price of the Nordic Track RW900 Rower.
The Frame & Construction
Unlike the older version, the Nordic Track RW900 Rower has an aesthetic design that features a sleek and concealed structure.
Its frame and rail are made of aluminum and steel alloy, while other parts such as the coverings of the frame & stabilizer bars, the drive/resistance system shrouds, the stabilizers’ end caps, the console casing, and some parts of the footrests are made of high-quality plastic.
The rail slightly declines toward the flywheel or front part of it. So, you will experience an easy recovery process as you slide back and forth on the seat.
The rowing machine is designed to support 250 lbs./113 kg maximum user weight capacity and 6’6’’ tall users.
It integrates robust stabilizers with adjustable levelers that allow you to balance it on a platform, if necessary, for stability.
Since it weighs 125 lbs./56.69 kg, its stability is even more improved. However, it is advised to use a protective rubber mat underneath to prevent the floor from being damaged.
The rowing machine is large; the assembled dimensions are 82’’ long by 22’’ wide by 54’’ high. Hence, it needs a workout area with measurements of 6’83’’ (208.28 cm) in length by 1’83’’ (55.88 cm) in width. On top of that, leave a 2’ clearance around it for a safe and convenient workout experience.
As aforementioned, the unit does not fold up like the older model but can be stored upright.
It integrates front-mounted transport wheels enabling you to easily maneuver it around the room.
The Seat of the Nordic Track RW900 Rower
The seat is contoured, large, and padded. The rollers are concealed inside the steel rail so they are not visible.
It slides back and forth smoothly and quietly.
The floor-to-seat height is 19’’. This is high when compared to other rowing machines, and it is an advantage because users, including those with physical disabilities, will be able to get on and exit the seat without hassles.
The slightly angled and oval-shaped handlebar has anti-slip soft foam-coated sleeves/handles. Thus, it provides firm and comfortable grips.
A durable 1’’ nylon strap is anchored to it and connected to the drive/magnetic resistance system. As a result, each stroke you pull is smooth and quiet.
The handlebar does not integrate heart rate sensors or resistance control buttons.
The pivoting footrests are oversized and textured with adjustable safety straps and heel guards for maximum comfortable and secure foot placement.
Users of different foot or shoe sizes can be accommodated, and they will be able to train longer without experiencing ankle stress because the footrests pivot with each stroke and movement they make.
The Nordic Track RW900 Rower is equipped with a magnetic resistance system that comprises a small servo motor, magnetic brakes, and an enhanced inertia flywheel. It provides 26 adjustable levels that produce a variety of workout challenges suitable for every user that wishes to lose weight, improve stamina, and tone muscle groups.
However, the highest resistance level might not push a seasoned athlete to the limit like the older version with a hybrid resistance system does.
The resistance system generates resistance by the release of magnetic fields around the flywheel without friction or direct contact with any part.
Hence, the operation of the rowing machine remains smooth, quiet, and stable even if it is being operated at the highest level of resistance.
Therefore, it will suffice to say that the rower is an environmentally friendly indoor exercise piece of equipment for home use.
Moreover, no maintenance is required; no part will be replaced and no lubrication or adjustment is needed either.
For the resistance to be functional, the rowing machine needs to be plugged into a power source, and only then will you be able to increase or decrease the resistance level via the touchscreen.
However, the resistance level can also be adjusted remotely or automatically by a trainer or when using a workout program on the iFIT app.
The console swivels and tilts forward and backward for the best viewing angle.
It features a 22’’ HD 1080p touchscreen that is Bluetooth and Wi-Fi-enabled and compatible with iFIT workout app.
There are no navigation buttons on the console except for the audio volume buttons that are under the screen right in the middle of the built-in speakers. All navigation is done on-screen. This means resistance adjustment, audio volume adjustment (which can also be adjusted on the buttons below the screen), manual mode, and iFit app selection are done via the touchscreen.
In a manual mode, the display can track Time, Distance, Strokes, Stroke Per Minute (SPM), Watts, Calories Burned, and Heart rate.
That said, the heart rate data is only displayed when a Bluetooth wireless HR chest strap (not included) is being used.
The iFIT workout app brings fun and productivity to the comfort of your home. Interestingly, you don’t have to subscribe in the first month of your purchase because the unit comes with a 30-day free membership.
So, you will be able to test-run the workout app for a whole month for free.
Once the rowing machine is synced to the iFIT app via Wi-Fi, a variety of workout resources are unveiled. There are thousands of workout videos that include HIIT and yoga. At the touch of a button, you can choose to exercise on breathtaking and serene rivers around the world.
You will also have access to live iFIT workout classes where trainers can remotely adjust your workout resistance and more.
Lastly, the display cannot be used for watching TV. It is exclusively made for tracking workout progress and streaming iFIT workouts.
Two speakers with quality sound output are built into the console. However, if you don’t want to listen to the workout videos on the iFIT app through the speakers, you may sync your headphones to the rower via Bluetooth connectivity.
The new Nordic Track RW900 Rower is not foldable. However, it can be stored vertically thereby taking up as small storage space as possible.
The integrated transport wheels help to facilitate the relocation process around the room even though it weighs 125 lbs./56.69 kg.
This rowing machine has some exceptional edge over other smart rowing machines such as the Hydrow Rower, the Concept2 Rower, and more.
As a result, it receives favorable reviews and a positive approval rating on Amazon at the time of this review.
- It has an aesthetic design
- Its stabilizers with adjustable levelers guarantee good stability
- It supports 250 lbs./113 kg maximum user weight capacity
- Users up to 6’6’’ tall fit in
- Its operation is smooth, quiet, and stable
- The 22’’ HD touchscreen displays at 1080p, and it swivels and tilts back & forth for the best viewing angle
- The console is user-friendly, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled, and compatible with iFIT app
- The iFIT app offers On-Demand workout videos, live classes with world-class trainers, access to HIIT videos, yoga, the ability to compete with others, track workout progress online, and more
- The display, in manual mode, tracks Time, Distance, Strokes, Stroke Per Minute (SPM), Calories Burned, Watts, and Heart Rate
- The Console is telemetric (compatible with Bluetooth HR chest strap)
- Free 30-day iFIT membership upon purchase of the unit
- 19’’ floor-to-seat height enables users to easily get on and exit the rowing machine
- The SMR (silent magnetic resistance) with 26 adjustable levels provides easy to difficult workout challenges
- The seat is large, molded, and contoured for maximum comfort
- The slightly angled handlebar is ergonomically designed with anti-sweat soft rubber foam-coated handles
- The footrests pivot, textured, and large with adjustable safety straps and heel guards; they can accommodate different foot or shoe sizes
- 2 digital built-in speakers with quality sound output
- Connectivity for Bluetooth-enabled headphones
- Transport wheels included
- Easy to assemble
- The maintenance requirement is limited
- Bluetooth HR chest strap not included in the package
- It requires a lot of space for workout executions
- A Monthly iFIT subscription is required upon the expiration of the 30-day free trial
- The 250 lbs./113 kg maximum user weight capacity is low
- The magnetic resistance system may not push a seasoned athlete to the limit
- Frame: 10 Years
- Parts: 2 Years
- Labor: 1 Year
Product Dimensions & Specifications
- Length: 82’’
- Width: 22’’
- Height: 54’’
- Shipping Dimensions: 82.75’’ L x 33.75’’ W x 10’’ H
- Gross weight: 163 lbs./74 kg
- Net weight: 125 lbs./56.69 kg
- Maximum user weight capacity: 250 lbs./113 kg
- Drive: 1’’ Nylon
- Resistance: Silent magnetic resistance (SMR) with 26 adjustable levels
- Console: Swiveling, tilting 22’’ HD touchscreen
- Bluetooth & Wi-Fi-enabled
- IFIT app compatible
- 30-Day iFIT trial included
- 30W premium sound system
- Seat: Large, molded, and padded
- Handlebar: Ergonomically designed and coated with anti-slip rubber foam
- Footrest: Pivot, oversized, and textured with adjustable safety Velcro straps & heel guards
- Bluetooth headphone connectivity
- Bluetooth HR chest strap connectivity
- Transport wheels included
The Nordic Track RW900 Rower comes in a large box that weighs 163 lbs./74 kg with dimensions of 82.75’’ long by 33’75’’ width by 10’’ high.
The shipping is free and can be delivered in a few days or weeks depending on where it has to be sent.
However, there are options for expedited shipping.
The rowing machine is delivered almost preassembled.
The only parts that need to be attached by you would be the console, the stabilizer bars, the footrests, and the seat. It definitely requires two people to have it assembled due to its size and weight.
The tools needed for the assembly and an instruction manual are included in the package.
The unit needs to be kept clean at all times, especially the rail so that no debris would compromise the smooth and quiet motion of the seat.
Always check the parts to ensure that they are tight and in good condition.
Finally, make sure that it is stored in a cool, dry, and clean area.
The Nordic Track RW900 Rower is unarguably a smart rowing machine with some interesting features. It is iFIT compatible, Bluetooth & Wi-Fi enabled. Its rotating and tilting 22’’ HD touchscreen console is user-friendly. Users that are up to 250 lbs./113 kg and 6’6’’ tall can utilize the rowing machine. A sound system is integrated, and headphones can be connected via Bluetooth if you want to keep things private.